The Rune Sword War - Chapter 2 (scenario 1)

The Kharadon and Stormcast Eternals had tracked the Chaos Dwarves and Skaven to the underground Slave Pit Fortress - the Eternals led the assault but once the alarm was signalled, they came under fierce attack in the main corridor. The Kharadon followed behind but the Eternals were trapped in some desperate close quarter fighting.

The Eternals and Kharadon inflicted heavy casualties but had to withdraw as the Chaos numbers began to mount up.

Chaos held the Fortress. And the Kharadon were not able to free their captured comrade.


The Rune Sword War - Chapter 2 (scenario 2)

The first of today’s Age of Sigmar games saw the continuation of our Rune sword War saga which had the Sylvaneth launch their ambush against the marauding Chaos warband - a furious battle ensued with the Sylvaneth wiping out the Chaos band and recovering the Mysterium Key.


The Rune Sword War - Chapter 2 (scenario 3)

The second Age of Sigmar game was the fight for the Mysterium Temple ruins - Nagash’s Undead army went head to head with the Seraphon, who were honouring their ancient treaty with the Sylvaneth to guard the ruins.

The Undead enveloped the temple like an early morning mist, surprising the Seraphon with their swiftness. The Necromancer made things difficult for the Seraphon by summoning hordes of skeletons to the cause.

The Seraphon were unnerved by the array of the horde of Undead before them and were unable to stop them. The Temple fell to the Undead.


WW2 "Operation Thetis"in 6mm

During the great channel storm following D-Day British forces were ordered to take Point 63 south of Caen. This was to shut down a German artillery observation post and help conceal the allied build up before storming Caen.


Initially it all went well for the Brits with the Royal Engineers leading the way looking for minefields. The Germans in ambush on hill PT63 in a copse hedge line waited with a pair of concealed Luftwaffe 88's.


It wasn't long before they began sniping the Cromwell tanks sent in support of the engineers. British infantry followed the tanks onto the battlefield in large numbers only to come under artillery fire from 10th SS to the west of the battle and promptly asked the Royal Artillery for fire support with two batteries of 25pdrs to suppress the German artillery observer. Not only did this work it also caused casualties to a number of MG42 teams hidden in the woods and forced the MG42s to retreat, an 88 was also knocked out.


The success of the Britis reaching the edge of their objective was short lived. First a platoon of STUG's arrived forcing the Cromwells to halt and two companies of Panzer Grenadiers also arrived shortly after to occupy the woods. Things got even worse when advance elements of 21st SS with 2 Panzer IVs arrived from Caen on the Brits flank, although this was bad news, the Brits were still causing casualties and even knocked out three of the four STUGs, in short order.


Finally a break in the weather occurred late in the afternoon when a flight of Typhoons came screaming in with cannons blazing, no casualties were inflicted but the Germans were forced to keep their heads down allowing the Brits to withdraw back to the starting positions ready for a crack at it again the following day.

A marginal win for the Germans.